Garlic knots, the delicious pizza store treats, are really easy to make at home. You can either make your own pizza dough or use store-bought. Either way, if you know how to make a knot, you can whip these up in no time. If you’re having dinner guests, this is a good way to impress them. Everyone likes dinner rolls, especially if they’re brushed with garlic and oil.
- One batch pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds black pepper
2. Tie each slice into a knot. Place onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Combine oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. If you have a mortar and pestle, muddle them! If not, try to crush the garlic and salt with the back of a knife before adding the oil and pepper.
4. Brush each knot with oil mixture.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Let knots rise for about 1/2 hour, brush them again right before putting them in the oven.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes, or when the knots are browned. If you want an extra garlicky flavor, brush them right after taking them out of the oven. Serve!