A fellow Kosher Connection blogger wrote about potatoes as an “if you could only eat one food…” If I had to choose only one food to eat, three meals a day, for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. There’s nothing like a classic pie with tomatoes, mozzarella and a sprinkling of fresh basil.
Then again, there are so many ways to spice it up! We’ve made meat pizza with homemade duck prosciutto and mushrooms. And we’ve even made pizza with fried eggs on top before. Because runny egg yolks make everything better! You know what else makes everything better? Truffles.
So when an elementary school friend opened a restaurant, we had to support it! And copy his recipe. Because what can be better than pizza with crispy brussels sprout leaves, oozing egg and truffle!? Maybe margherita.
What food would you pick?
Brussels Sprout Pizza with Egg and Truffle
- Your favorite pizza dough
- brussels sprouts, leaves separated
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- truffle oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and roll out your pizza dough into the desired shape. I usually make rectangular pizza to fit on my half sheet pan (I don’t have a pizza stone. Wah).
- Arrange the cheese on top of the pizza.
- Bake for about 18 minutes (depending on your dough) until the crust is cooked through and the cheese is melting.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs a bowl.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, top with brussels sprout leaves and carefully pour the eggs on top. Return to oven and bake until egg whites are set, but yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.