This month’s linkup is all about drinks! Cocktails (and mocktails) to serve at your next party. Well, I’m all about my Vitamix these days, and while I could easily whip up a frozen margarita, I am more into making healthy smoothies and drinks. You can add vodka to this if you like, or really anything to make it more of a cocktail. It’s a wonderful drink that quenches thirst and fights cancer! That is, as long as you can crack open that young coconut.
Lately I’ve been buying young coconuts and hacking them open with a knife, just enough to drain the juice, and then throwing them against my steps to crack them open and get the meat. Blending the coconut water and meat together makes the most delicious drink. I like to mix it with any fruit – pineapple for a pina colada and mixed berries are among my favorites, but my absolute favorite fruit to add is blueberries. I buy the frozen kind and it makes the smoothie a wonderful consistency. This drink is especially creamy because I added a little bit of almond milk to it.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh coconut water (from a young coconut)
- Flesh from one young coconut
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Drain juice from young coconut.
2. Crack coconut open and scoop out the flesh.
3. Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
4. Serve immediately. Extra bonus points if you use a pretty glass and add an umbrella.