Somebody I know really likes banana cream pie. I really like Bobby Flay. So I decided to make Bobby Flay’s banana cream pie.
It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Mainly because Bobby’s recipe calls for powdered vanilla pudding mix. Usually his recipes are a bit more complicated than mixes; not that there’s anything wrong with that. At least I made my own graham cracker crust…
- 6 graham crackers, crumbed
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- Mix all of the ingredients together. I used a food processor both to turn the graham crackers into crumbs and then to mix the rest of the crust.
- Press into a pie plate and chill for 1 hour.
- 2 (4 serving size) packages of vanilla pudding mix – I used My-T-Fine
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream
- Make the pudding according to the package directions.
- Line the crust with banana slices
- Pour 1/2 the pudding over the bananas
- Add a layer of bananas on top of the pudding
- Pour the remaining pudding on top
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- When ready to serve, decorate with bananas and top with whipped cream
P.S. Ever try to find graham crackers without high fructose corn syrup in them? I have – and I failed. Does anyone know where I can find some?