I can never make enough of these cookies, they always seem to go. I use this recipe and tweak it to my liking: butter instead of shortening (unless I need a pareve dessert), and chocolate chips instead of raisins and walnuts. Obviously you can but anything you want in them; I once tried dried cranberries.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups oats
1. Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to first mixture and mix well. Add chips and oats.
3. Spoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool.
I only had about 2 cups of oats this time and didn’t feel like going back to the supermarket. This resulted in thinner, crispier, and still delicious cookies.