I recently discovered PB2, and while I don’t believe in low-fat and fat-free diets, I did notice that making smoothies and baking with this stuff is amazing. So I set out to make delicious and easy peanut butter-y cookies with them.
And the best recipe I tested are these delicious chocolate chip cookies with just a hint of peanut butter flavor added in.
Also, these couldn’t get any easier. As long as you know how to cream butter and sugar, you can make these delicious cookies.
PB2 Chocolate Chunk Cookies, adapted from the famous Tollhouse cookie recipe:
- 2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of PB2
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chunks.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and PB2. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and the sugar together until soft, fluffy, and light in color.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
5. Add the dry ingredients until you can’t see any more white.
6. Then, blend in the chocolate chunks.
7. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet (I use a small scooper), making sure to leave room for spreading.
8. Bake 9-11 minutes.
9. Serve warm with some peanut butter ice cream.
**Can’t find PB2 in your local supermarket? Have no fear, Amazon sells it!