Jessica found cedar wraps on sale at Wegman’s. While I’ve cooked with a cedar plank on the grill before, I’d never seen these! So when I saw that recipes were inside, I had to open it up to check them out. And when we had all of the ingredients for the Mediterranean halibut, minus the fish, I knew that’s what I’d make with them. Luckily, the fishmonger had fresh, kosher halibut for me.
We’ve been in a dinner slump lately, making the same favorites over and over, so this was a nice change, and you definitely can’t beat that presentation!
Mediterranean Cedar Wrapped Halibut
- 6 cedar wraps (or a cedar plank)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 4-oz. halibut fillets
- butchers string or scallions for tying
- Preheat oven to 365 and soak cedar wraps and string in water.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade: olives, basil, mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Place one piece of fish in the center of each wrap, top with 1/4 of the marinade, roll the wrap around the fillet, and tie it closed.
- Place wraps on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.