- 1/2 lb. pasta of your choice
- olive oil
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 shallot, minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat, drizzle in olive oil to coat the pan and add the smashed garlic. Cook until fragrant and discard garlic, making sure to keep the oil.
- Add the chopped shallots into the pan and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the artichokes, lemon zest and juice and raise the heat to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, and toss pasta with the sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water. Taste for seasoning, and add more pasta water if necessary.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.