Mm, artichokes! This week, Meatless Monday goes vegan with this easy and flavorful dinner. Lemon and shallots bring out the flavor of these frozen hearts, so you can enjoy the flavor all year ’round.
Lemon and Artichoke Pasta
- 1/2 lb. pasta of your choice
- olive oil
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 shallot, minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat, drizzle in olive oil to coat the pan and add the smashed garlic. Cook until fragrant and discard garlic, making sure to keep the oil.
- Add the chopped shallots into the pan and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the artichokes, lemon zest and juice and raise the heat to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, and toss pasta with the sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water. Taste for seasoning, and add more pasta water if necessary.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.