Remember Adele? She made something to serve on the side of the ginger chicken. Check it out:
I thought I was making mechshi cusa (stuffed zucchini), but when I went to get it from my freezer, I realized that I had only had dairy meschi, not meat. I decided to braise baby carrots in the mechshi sauce I already made. They turned out so good!
Ourt (Tamarind)-Braised Carrots
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and trimmed, or baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons ourt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons of apricot butter
(or use your favorite mechshi sauce recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut carrots into 1-inch pieces
- Mix together the ourt, lemon juice and apricot butter.
- Put the carrots in a pan, pour the sauce over the carrots and add water to almost cover the carrots.
- Let cook for 30 minutes, until the carrots are tender, mixing a few times to get the carrots nice and coated.