Want the taste of Chinese food in your very own kitchen? This month’s link up is Chinese Food, and we decided to report something from our archives. This is a favorite of ours, and if you haven’t tried the recipe yet, it’s definitely time to give it a shot!No, but seriously. This meal was super easy to make. Prepping is key in a dish like this – so prep everything before you start, and then it quickly comes together.
Beef and Broccoli (Chinese food style!) Adapted from Chef and Home:
- 8 ounces beef filet, sliced (this is important! I cubed it and it was a little tough)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flavorless oil
- 3 tablespoons diced onion (about ½ small white onion)
- 3 tablespoons diced garlic
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ounce ginger, cut into long strips
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used more, an entire bunch. I really like broccoli)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ cups rice, cooked
- Heat a cast iron pan, wok, or Le Creuset over high heat
- Season the beef with salt and pepper
- Place beef in pan and seat on one side for 3 minutes.
- Flip and sear on the other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and oil to the pan and sauté the onions and garlic for 3 minutes., stirring occasionally
- Add the scallions and ginger. Stir fry for an addition 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, beef stock, and balsamic.
- Cover, turn the heat to high, and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked beef to the broccoli and sauté for an addition 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.