Truffles are usually seen as these special and decadent Valentine’s Day gifts that are impossible to make at home…did you know that they’re really easy? It’s much cheaper to make them at home, not to mention that homemade candy makes a much more personal gift than Godiva.
This recipe is adapted from Ina Garten (of course!)
- 10.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon prepared coffee
For the topping:
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Cocoa powder mixed with cinnamon
- Unsweetened coconut
- Anything else you can imagine
1. Melt chocolate and cream over a double boiler.
2. Add vanilla and coffee
3. Refrigerate until hard
4. Scoop even sized chunks (about tablespoon sized) of chocolate and roll into balls. Roll in topping of your choice.