You can put almost anything inside two tortillas and pan-fry them. The insides get gooey and the outsides get crisp and you can cut them into tiny wedges and they will be delicious.
I prepared six of these in advance, fried them up a few hours before I was ready to serve them, and then heated them on a cookie sheet immediately before serving. Ingredients:
- 12 tortillas, 2 for each quesadilla
- Grated cheese. I had mozzarella, so I used mozzarella
- A jar of salsa
- Chopped onions
- Chopped peppers: bell, jalapeno, chili, whatever
- A can of corn
- A can of vegetarian refried beans
- Place one tortilla on a flat surface.
- Top with any or all of the above ingredients I find the cheese helps them stick together, so I include that in all of them. I also find that too many ingredients make them fall apart, so I try not to pile things too high.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Heat and grease a pan.
- Place the quesadilla on the pan and press it down. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Here, it may help to grease the top of the quesadilla so it doesn’t stick when you flip it.
- Now flip the quesadilla and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and repeat until all of the quesadillas are cooked.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!