If you follow us on Instagram, you probably know that I’m pretty much obsessed with my new Vitamix. No, they are not paying me to promote their product. I am just in love with it. I have a lot of kitchen gadgets, but none that I use as often as this one (because, let’s face it, while I’m in love with my Bosch Universal Plus, I can’t bake 5 pound batches of bread every day). I use my Vitamix at least once a day, and sometimes more. I make smoothies, juices, shakes, soups, and more in it. Recently, I found this muffin recipe that’s so easy, I just have to share it with you. Of course, you don’t need a super high speed awesome Vitamix blender for it, and any immersion blender will do, but hey, if you have one, why not use it?
These muffins take 15 minutes total to make. That’s from measuring the first ingredient to taking them out of the oven. Unless you’re super slow. Either way, they’re quick and everyone loves them, even toddlers, especially grown ups. THey are gluten free, so your celiac and low-carb friends will be able to indulge. Did I tell you that I can probably eat half the recipe in one sitting? The recipe makes 24 muffins. I have made them many times and I get 24 EVERY time. It’s nuts.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it however you want. Use flavored peanut butter. Use sugar-free peanut butter. Put chopped nuts in the batter instead of, or in addition to the chocolate chips. Go wild.
Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins, from here:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin and set aside.
3. Combine banana, peanut butter, egg, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and maple syrup/honey in your blender.
4. Blend until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon (or use a mini scooper) batter into the muffin tins. I have made this recipe a bunch of times and ALWAYS end up with 24.
7. Bake for 8 minutes, until muffins puff up and the top begins to brown.
8. Serve warm.