This post is in honor of the best news ever!
Whenever I buy bananas, some of them start to turn brown before I can eat them. Seriously, they’re green when I bring them home, and when I wake up the next morning they’re already overripe! I usually peel them, cut them into chunks and freeze them for smoothies, but there are other things you can do with frozen bananas; You can dip them in chocolate and coconut or pistachios and eat them for dessert!
Anyone here an Arrested Development fan? If you’re not, then you’re missing out because it’s the best show ever, so go watch it! And when you come back, this recipe will remind you of Arrested Development.
What do you do with overripe bananas?
- 2 or 3 bananas, sliced (or as many as you have that are going bad)
- 8 oz. chocolate, melted (I used pareve chocolate)
- Dippings of your choice, such as pistachios, coconut, etc.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler
- Dip the banana chunks into the chocolate, and then quickly into your topping of choice.
- Set on a plate and freeze, store in a bag and eat as you please.
“There’s always money in the banana stand!”