Everyone loves Rice Krispie Treats. Seriously, I always see them at birthday parties, bridal showers, and every party in between. They’re easy to make, easy to pick up and eat, and who doesn’t love a crunchy dessert, right? Well, the problem is that they’re boring. They’re boring because they’re everywhere. Okay, sometimes people put them on sticks or shape them in balls, but they’re always the same. This recipe adds just a bit of awesomeness with the crushed chocolate and added creamy filling, but is just as easy. Just one extra ingredients makes these super special.
I first had these at my mom’s school’s Hanukkah party a couple of years ago, and have been wanting to make them ever since. Well, I’m not a big maker of Rice Krispies treats in general, but when Newman-O’s were on sale the same week that organic crispy rice cereal was, I knew I had to try them.
Want to make a super easy treat for a party? Want to make a quick and simple dessert with your young child? This is the recipe for you! Richie and I made this while dinner was cooking one night, and he definitely loved making it. Plus, he knew that after dinner he’d get some of this treat, so he ate dinner pretty well that night.
Chocolate Cream Crispy Treats, adapted from here:
- 20 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Newman-O’s, Oreos, or Joe-Joe’s work), crushed
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff (1/2 the container)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or a neutral oil if making pareve)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (NOT puffed rice)
1. Combine the crushed sandwich cookies with the rice cereal and set aside.
2. Place the butter in a large pot over a medium fire until it melts.
3. Mix in the fluff until soft and melted.
4. Mix in the cereal and cookie mixture until well-coated.
5. Pree mixture into a sprayed or buttered 9×13 inch pan, using wax paper or oily hands to press it in.
6. Let cool before cutting into squares (I use my dough scraper to cut it and it works perfectly).