Lamb chops are not something you can make very often. They’re very expensive for a very little bit of meat (maybe you’re paying for the bone, so save it! Make stock!). That being said, they are a perfect “special occasion” food. And what better occasion to celebrate than Father’s Day (which is this Sunday)? Well, we’re celebrating this year with our delicious recipe for grilled lamb chops and a giveaway from ModernTribe, so come celebrate with us!
Enjoy these lamb chops and your chance to win a Father’s Day gift basket from ModernTribe, a quirky and innovative Judaica store in Atlanta (and online!). The basket includes: Shalom Coffee, Bamba, Mashuga Nuts, Pickles Socks, and a Shalom Y’all Mug. Now whose dad wouldn’t want that?! Check out their whole Father’s Day collection here.
Lamb Chops, adapted from Fairway
Makes 6 lamb chops
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb chops, about 3/4 inch thick
1. Chop the rosemary, thyme, and garlic very finely.
2. Using a mortar and pestle or small food processor, make into a paste with the salt, cayenne, and olive oil.
3. Spread mixture on to the lamb and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Bring the lamb to room temperature outside of the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Put your grill (indoor or outdoor) on high heat and grill for 2 minutes on one side.
6. Flip over and grill for 3 minutes on the second side.
7. Serve and enjoy!