The one food I would want if stranded on an island would be this peanut sauce recipe. Seriously.
I cannot believe it has taken me this long to share this recipe with you! Really, I probably make this salad once a week, if not more. I actually started tripling the dressing just so that I don’t have to make it so often…I love cooking and baking in advance and getting ready for super easy weeknight dinners, especially now that I have a job and two kids. It is definitely a desert island recipe for me. I usually make it over spiralized cucumbers, but it is really quite versatile. You can use it as a dipping sauce for baked tofu, make noodles with it and add sesame seeds. The list goes on.
So really I choose this as this month’s link up recipe. I make it that often, anyway.
Oh, and the original recipe asks for some fresh grated ginger. I’m not so into ginger (really!), but if you have some, you can definitely add it.
It’s not like it’s a secret that we spiralize cucumbers all the time in our house. Cucumbers are my favorite thing to spiralize, mostly because they are an amazing vehicle for this dressing. I actually have the tab for this recipe open in my phone’s browser at all times. Because, you never know when you’ll need the recipe.
I made mine a little easier than the recipe states, mostly by using the microwave. Why dirty a pot?
Peanut Dressing Recipe, adapted from here:
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 English hothouse cucumbers, spiralized.
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a 2-cup microwave safe measuring cup.
2. Microwave in 30 second increments, mixing in between each time, about 3 times, until the ingredients can whisk together and turn into a smooth and creamy dressing.
3. Place cucumbers in a large bowl. Pour dressing over cucumbers and mix well.
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, here’s the spiralizer I use:
Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer