When Lottie’s Kitchen asked us to come do a food demo last summer, we knew we wanted to make one of our favorite things, ice cream! But then they told us that they were focusing on healthy treats… So in addition to mango ice cream, we created this simple mango ice pop with cilantro.
Go out and find some champagne mangoes, I buy them from the corner fruit stands.
All photos courtesy of CookKosher
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 25 sprigs cilantro
- 2 large mangoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Put agave, water and cilantro in a small pot over low heat. Simmer
until combined, take off heat and let cool.
2. Pulse mango in a food processor
3. Add salt and lime juice and pulse to combine
4. Discard cilantro sprigs. While processor is running, slowly add in
5. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze