I had a jar of olives sitting in my fridge, waiting to be eaten. Sure, we could have eaten them plain, but we also had about 1/2 of a baguette waiting to get stale, so I thought it best to eat them together, before it was too late! I’m pretty sure this happens to everyone, doesn’t it? Naturally, I made an olive spread to spread on the toasted bread, which my genius husband suggested topping with cream cheese before adding the tapenade. Genius! So, you should do this too when you find yourselves in a similar situation and in need of a perfect midnight snack. Or appetizer. Or lazy dinner.
- about 25 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- a few cracks of black pepper
- Put all ingredients in a mini food processor. I used the mini chopper attachment to my immersion blender.
- Pulse. Make sure everything is getting mixed, and the pieces don’t get too small.
- Spread and eat. I spread it on slices of baguettes that were drizzled in olive oil and toasted in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and then topped with Temp Tee cream cheese.